Our Ten Point Philosophy
1) Science helps people. Imagine being the researcher that found a cure to cancer!
2) Science is the best way to approach and address many of the most pressing problems that people face in the 21st century, like cancer.
3) Basic knowledge of the sciences is essential in understanding our modern world.
4) Science is important now and will probably be even more important in the near future.
5) Many of the best jobs with the greatest potential to help other people are currently in the STEM fields of the hard sciences, technology, and math, and that trend is likely to continue.
6) Girls and women are underrepresented in STEM programs and professions.
7) We have a responsibility to change that.
8) After all, science groups work best when they are diverse.
9) If you want your daughter (or your parents) to learn about and appreciate science, model that by learning about and appreciating science.
10) Science doesn’t have all the answers and should be informed by knowledge of the arts, religion, and philosophy, especially ethics.